ACT/SAT Test Prep

SAT/ACT test information

SAT/ACT – *APPLY ONLINE* Now is the time to get materials to sign up to take one of these tests.  Colleges need these scores when you apply. Although colleges such as Ivy Tech, VU or ITT Technical does NOT require the SAT or ACT, if you think you MIGHT attend a 4 year school you may want to take either test just in case. Otherwise, colleges usually want scores sent when you apply.  I recommend the student take EITHER test as soon as possible if applying to college.  The SAT has verbal, math and writing components.   The ACT includes English, math, science, social studies, reading and writing. (You must include writing when registering for the ACT only.  The SAT writing component is built in the sign-up process already.)

(*IU, PURDUE and NCAA require scores to be electronically sent to them*)

SAT DATES:  (You want the SAT TEST! Not “subject” tests!)  CEEB HIGH SCHOOL CODE:  152665
*sign up online at  You will need a debit/credit card for payment.   

ACT DATES:  *sign up online at with debit/credit card

Be sure to have scores sent to up to 4 colleges in which you may apply. This is free through Sat/Act & speeds up application process!!!  You MUST have scores sent to IU, PURDUE, & NCAA directly.  This can be used as one of your four “colleges” for free when you sign up.  CODE for NCAA is 9999

College applications – You can apply to colleges at any time – even if you have not taken SAT/ACT.  APPLY ONLINE and APPLY EARLY – preferably by December – with your SAT or ACT scores to ensure a better chance at obtaining specific college scholarships. IF you do not have scores yet, you can still apply!

College Application Process – Once a student applies to a college/university they must receive  an official transcript.  This information should be give to Mrs. Kelly Hill in Guidance to enter in the Transcript Log.  Include student name, college/university name and if out of state a city/state.

College Representative Visits – There is a sign up sheet in the office for visits for the year from representatives from various colleges who will visit WMHS to talk about the specifics of admissions, classes, and tuition and to address any other questions you might have.  Dates and times are on the sheets.

NCAA:  If you plan to play sports in college – or THINK you might play – you will need to sign up with NCAA now.  Go online to:  SAT or ACT and an official transcript must be sent.  See Mrs. Kelly Hill in Guidance to request transcript be sent. Remember NCAA guidelines have changed.  If you aren’t sure if you qualify see me to review your transcript!!

NAIA:  The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) is an athletic association that organizes college and university-level athletic programs among small to mid-size institutions, primarily across the United States but also outside the US.

Know the difference between NCAA and NAIA

Free SAT practice on College Board website: